Apr 25, 2006 8:07am
Re: Broken upload mechanism
That's odd, for some reason, the item gt556 was not indexed in the search engine. I'm not sure if this is a problem caused by using the old upload method or not, but it would be best to transfer to using the new system anyway. (I've submitted the item to be indexed by the SE, so the search problem should clear up soon.)
To submit an item in the new method:
* Go to http://www.archive.org/create/
* Type in the item identifier you'd like to use (e.g. gt556) and click the "create item" button
* Wait a few moments for the item to be checked out. This is the checkout page - don't close it! Once the item's checked out, you'll be given ftp information about where to upload your item. You can either use an FTP program to do this, or use Internet Explorer for windows.
* When you're done uploading, make sure you check the item back in! There's a link on the checkout page that will check it back in for you (or, if you're using IE, click the "Click here when done" link in your ftp window).
* Choose a mediatype and collection
* Enter metadata
* Wait about 10 minutes for your item to go live
Let me know if you need any assistance with the process. Thanks!